06 August 2013

One More Day of "Normal"

I've been counting down the days since last Friday: Five more days of normal....Saturday: four more days of normal...Sunday: three more....well, you get the idea.

It's officially Tuesday now, and so I have one more day of "normal" before everything changes for a long time.

So, how am I doing?  (People ask me this)

Well -

  • I'm a little nervous about this surgery.  OK, I lied!!  I am really pretty frightened. But, I am praying to have confidence in my surgeon, Dr. Paula Lee; in her skill and wisdom as she performs this complex surgery
  • I am annoyed that I can only have clear liquids all day tomorrow in preparation for the surgery. That doesn't sound very "normal" to me.
  • I'm filled with immense gratitude as I find myself surrounded by the love and support of my family and friends. I am not sure what I ever did to deserve this outpouring of love.  And, you cannot even begin to imagine what it means to me.
  • I'm remembering the pain that I endured with my Breast Cancer treatments. But I am also remembering that I made it through.  I am stronger than I realize.
  • I am excited to have a fabulous day tomorrow with my family!   We are going to the pool and just spending time together. Later, I am going to the temple with other members of my family.  It will be quite a while before I can go again. I am at my most joyful when I am surrounded by my family.
and finally, 
  • I'm filled with faith and hope in Heavenly Father's plan for me. And I acknowledge that He knows what is best for me. I am grateful for another opportunity to learn live even closer to  Him and feel His power, and to draw closer unto the Savior, Jesus Christ.

These things I have spoken unto you, 
that in me ye might have peace.  
In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; 
I have overcome the world.  
John 16:33

And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: 
knowing that tribulation worketh patience. 
Romans 5:3

9 comments:

Dolores said...

You are such an amazingly strong woman, Sally. I admire your courage, your willingness to share your story with us, and most of all I want you to know how glad/happy/blessed I am to know you! Love you, girl!!! <3

grammypammy said...

I'm so glad you have a temple closer than DC and that you will be spending time there tomorrow. I'm thankful you have so many friends and family to support you in this new "adventure". I wish I could do more than pray for you. I look forward to reading updates from Elizabeth & Catherine post surgery. I'll call the DC temple to put your name on. Love you, Sally. I'm so proud of your courage!

A Woman of a Certain Age said...

Do you ever wonder how many people's lives you have touched? With all the things you have been involved in over the past 40+ years, your life has touched and influenced thousands. You are now reaping the blessings of love from family and friends because of the loving seeds you sowed throughout your life. Know that thousands of friends and family Love you and will continue Praying for you and your sweet family.

Lisa said...

I love your courage and resilience. It's inspiring!

debbie prieto said...

Praying for your peace and strength. I will look to see how things go with the surgery.

Anonymous said...

I love you so much! I thank Heavenly Father that He sent me a sister, you. Our prayers are with you, your family, and your surgeon. Love, Beth

Unknown said...

Ms. Sally- I am so very sorry. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you. Take good care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Prayers to you Sally. You are a rock.

Anonymous said...

Ms. Plautz,
My family is praying for you every day and we are sending our love and support.

Much love,
Becka

Post a Comment